Why should I refer?
Time lost because of delayed diagnosis cannot be regained
Vascular damage and functional deterioration occur early in PAH, so it is crucial for physicians to act early before more damage is done.1,2 Prompt diagnosis and treatment offers the best chance to delay disease progression, and may improve outcomes in PAH.2
Refer to a PAH expert centre as soon as possible2–4
- Diagnostic services and expertise with procedures
- PAH expert centres can promptly perform further necessary tests such as right heart catheterisation (RHC), exercise tolerance, CT scanning/imaging, ventilation/perfusion scan, MRI, etc.
- PAH nursing and patient support services
- Access to ongoing medical management via a multidisciplinary team, including relevant allied healthcare professionals
- PAH management services and clinics, including special access schemes and clinical trials
- Medicare authorisation to prescribe PAH-specific pharmacological treatment